Urological and lung cancers
Current NHS post
Queen Elizabeth, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS, Foundation Trust
- Thoracic malignancies - radiotherapy including SABR and chemotherapy.
- Urological malignancies - radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Breast malignancies - radiotherapy.
- The Royal College of Radiologists.
- The Royal College of Physicians.
- Medical Protection Society.
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO).
- European Society of ClinicalOncologists (ASCO).
- UK Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Group.
- British Thoracic Oncology Group (BTOG).
Dr Stevenson qualified from the University of Warwick in 2005. He trained within the West Midlands and was appointed as Consultant Clinical Oncologist at University Hospitals Birmingham in 2014. Dr Stevenson is also a visiting consultant to Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust and Heart of England NHS trust. Dr Stevenson specialises in the treatment of lung and urological cancers with chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and radiotherapy.
Dr Stevenson is also involved in 4-dimensional and stereotactic lung radiotherapy within Birmingham and has experience in delivering cyberknife treatment to an early stage of lung cancer.
Dr Stevenson has published papers in peer-reviewed journals and is the principal investigator for a number of nationals clinical trials.