Head and neck cancer, Skull base tumours and rectal cancer
Special clinical interests
IMRT, IGRT, Proton therapy in head and neck cancers, Stereotactic radiotherapy in skull-based tumours and Intraoperative Radiotherapy & Proton therapy in colorectal cancers.
Technical developments in Radiotherapy- IMRT, IORT, SRS, PBT
Improving functional outcomes in head & neck cancers
Immunotherapy, Low Level Laser Therapy
- Fellowship in IGRT (image guided radiotherapy) & IMRT (intensity modulated radiotherapy) - Royal Marsden Hospital, UK, 2009
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy training for skull base and central nervous system tumours under Professor Michael Brada – 2009
- RCR - Cyclotron Trust Travelling Proton Fellowship - University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, 2013
- RCR - Kay Travelling Fellowship in Intraoperative Radiotherapy – MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Texas, USA, 2015
- Observership in Intraoperative Radiotherapy - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA, 2016
- Davies Foundation Proton Therapy Travelling Fellowship - Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland and Scripps Proton Therapy Centre, USA, 2017
- Royal College of Radiologists.
- Royal College of Physicians.
- Medical Protection Society.
- British Medical Association.
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists.
- European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.
- Particle Therapy Co-operative Group (PTCOG)
- International Society of Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (ISIORT)
Current NHS post
Consultant Clinical Oncologist, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
Profile of Dr Ramkumar
Dr Ramkumar trained in India as a Radiation Oncologist from 1994 – 1997. He then trained as Specialist Registrar in Wessex Clinical Oncology Rotation 2004-2009 and obtained Certificate of Completion of Training in 2009 and Fellowship in IMRT & IGRT at Royal Marsden Hospital in 2009.