Clinical oncology and urology
Current NHS post
Consultant in Clinical Oncology, The Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Intensity modulated and image guided radiotherapy including SABR.
- Hormone therapy.
- Prostate, bladder, kidney, testis and penile cancer.
- UK National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) Clinical and Translational Radiotherapy group.
- NCRN Prostate Clinical Studies Group.
- NCRN Penile Cancer Clinical Studies Bladder Subgroup.
- NCRN Renal Clinical Studies Group.
- European Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology (ESTRO).
- European Cancer Conference (ECCO).
- European Institute of Radiotherapy.
- International Targeted Prostate Cancer Screening Study (IMPACT).
Profile of Dr Khoo
Dr Khoo is the Medical Director of GenesisCare in the UK. He is a Consultant in Clinical Oncology at The Royal Marsden, Honorary Consultant at St George’s Hospitals and Honorary Senior Lecturer at The Institute for Cancer Research, University of London. He was previously Head of Department of Clinical Oncology at The Royal Marsden. He qualified in medicine in 1985 and has trained and worked in clinical oncology in the UK, USA, and Australia.
He is Adjunct Professor, Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences, Monash University and Honorary Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne and Austin Health. He leads collaborative research groups with these Australian centres.
Dr Khoo is specialist advisory and reviewer to CancerBackup, CancerHelp, National Horizon Scanning Centre, the International Union against Cancer (UICC) and several international scientific journals/ cancer funds. He has research interests in combined modality therapy, multi-modality imaging, technical and image-guided radiotherapy.
He is Clinical Lead, Clinical Oncology Urology Unit at The Royal Marsden’s Chelsea hospital which offers a comprehensive array of therapies, from stereotactic radiotherapy (SABR) to image guided intensity modulated and adaptive radiotherapy, and prostate brachytherapy to systemic therapies such as hormonal, targeted therapies and chemotherapy as well as Phase I to III Clinical Trials with these therapy agents.