Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Current NHS post
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Northampton General Hospital
- Gynaecological cancers
- Recruitment for national gynaecological cancer trials
- Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- British Society of Gynaecological Cancer
- The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society Gynaecological Oncology
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- MB ChB
- FRCS (Ed)
Mr Alexander-Sefre is a fully accredited registered gynaecological surgeon and a sub-specialist in gynaecological cancers. He qualified from the University of Leeds in 1992, after which he trained in general surgery, gynaecology and cancer in London and the South East
He then undertook a higher doctorate in gynaecological cancer at St Bartholomew’s hospital/Cancer Research UK. During this time he contributed to a better understanding of the development of gynaecological cancers, which led to a number of national and international presentations and publications. He was also awarded a higher doctorate in medicine by the University of London.
Mr Alexander-Sefre continued his higher surgical training in London, Glasgow and Germany with particular emphasis on keyhole (laparoscopic) surgical techniques in the management of complex benign and cancer cases. He also acquired accreditation in management of smear abnormalities by the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
He has been a consultant on the sub-specialist register for gynaecological cancer since 2004.
Private secretary: Bev Dean