SABR is now accepted as the standard of care for patients with early peripheral lung cancer who are unsuitable for surgery. There is now rapidly accumulating evidence supporting its role in the treatment of oligometastatic disease. Patients can benefit from longer disease and symptom control and improved quality of life.
The SABR practice offers
Patients start their treatment shortly after referral.
Fast and accurate treatment
Our state of the art equipment can deliver SABR treatments in a similar timeframe to other advanced radiotherapy treatments.
Patients may need to attend between three and eight treatments which can be arranged to their convenience.
Our SABR treatments are overseen by internationally renowned clinical experts with many years of experience in this field.
Referring your patient
Referring patients to The SABR Practice is quick and straightforward. If you have speci c questions, or would like to discuss your patient before referring, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oncologists with GenesisCare practising privileges can use our secure online form to make a referral: genesiscare.co.uk/online-referral.
- Oncologists without practising privileges can contact the centre, using the contact details on the reverse of this lea et.
- Your patient will be seen at the next available clinic in line with national eligibility guidelines, if your patient is considered eligible they will proceed to treatment as soon as possible. If you are unsure whether your patient is eligible for SABR then contact us for further information.
- It is usual for your patient to then be under the supervision of the SABR specialist for an eight week period - this includes pre and post treatment.
- Once treatment is complete, your patient will be referred back to you for ongoing management.
SABR treatment fees
The SABR specialist will submit invoices to the insurer or patient (if self-funded) in relation to the planning and supervision of their SABR treatment. Once SABR treatment is complete, the patient’s oncologist should continue to invoice for follow-up/continued care.
SABR consultant specialists
Dr Veni Ezhil
Dr Qamar Ghafoor